Monday, March 21, 2016

Liege-Guillemins Train Station

Every weekday this month, I have taken the train from Liege to Brussels for a French class in Brussels.  It is beautiful to ride through the country or through the smalls towns of Namur or Leuven, depending on the route the train is taking.  

This past week, while I was waiting for a transfer I explored the Liege-Guillemins Train Station.  It is an amazing architectural masterpiece by Santiago Calatrava, you can read more about the train station here and take a look at my pictures below.

A view from the train station into the city of Liege,
 in the middle of March 2016.
The same view from the station, looking out into the city.  Two trains are on the tracks
below the roof structure.  Circular elevators make the station accessible.
A view of the platforms below, the structured ceiling above
and the escalators leading to the platforms for transferring trains.
A view from the raised transfer platforms to the
train tracks below and just outside of the station.

3 comments:

  1. Please stay safe! To think this post was about the metro the day before this horrific incident today. I'm praying for your safety. I wish I could hear your voice. Love you very very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please stay safe! To think this post was about the metro the day before this horrific incident today. I'm praying for your safety. I wish I could hear your voice. Love you very very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the train station in Liege. It is one hour from Brussels.

      Delete